- 2 local red potatoes, finely diced
- 1/3 of a largish local zucchini, coarsely shredded with grater
- a handful of organic baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- a couple of basil leaves and a few puny threads of green onion (picked from my overplanted, under-watered windowsill herb pots), chopped
- 5 eggs (in this case Litchfield, MN-based Sparboe Farms cage free brown plus Omega 3 eggs), beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a couple of tablespoons of canola or olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Fry potatoes, stirring frequently, until lightly browning and almost fork-tender. Add shredded zucchini; sauté until it has lost most of its excess moisture and is starting to brown. Add spinach and herbs. Sauté until spinach is bright green and mixture smells fragrant. Season eggs with a little salt and pepper to your liking and add to pan; stir until eggs are just set.
Serve with any condiments of choice and thick, toasted and buttered slices of Naturally Northfield multigrain sourdough from the Brick Oven bakery. Yummers.
Makes 2 ample servings.