Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Discussion of "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" at Just Food tonight

Barbara Kingsolver's 2007 book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, about her family's year of eating almost entirely from their own garden and local suppliers (and the associated joys of eating fresh food in season and raising an heirloom breed of turkeys), will be the topic of discussion at Just Food Co-op's book group tonight at 7 p.m. in the co-op's community room. The event is free and open to the public. This book changed the way I think about the food we eat and the way our culture relates to food.

2 comments:

Rob Hardy said...

I just received this book for my birthday (today), so I'm a little late for the discussion! But I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! We had a good discussion last night, and two of the things we noted were how positive this book is, and how lucky we are to live where co-ops are plentiful.