Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blog Milestone

As I did my usual morning check-in on my blog, I noticed that by chance my visit had triggered the hit-counter to register 25,000. This isn't an accurate count of visits to the site, as it records every page-view anywhere on the site, including my own. Still, because we have ten fingers and so tend to find multiples of ten compelling, 25,000 still seems a significant milestone. Thanks for all who have visited, and especially to my modest cadre of regular readers. Penelopedia has been one of the most enjoyable and meaningful things I've ever done. It's inspired and enabled me to learn a lot in the interest of being accurate here, and it's given me an ongoing reason to get out there and notice things. Because that's essentially what this blog is all about: the excitement to be found in noticing the world around us.

6 comments:

Jim H. said...

Twenty-five thousand! Nice.

You write well, your observations are keen and sensitive, your pctures are excellent. Plenty here to justify 25,000 more page views.

Thanks, and keep it going.

From a proud cadre member.

Sue at EcoStrides.com said...

Congratulations on your success. I enjoy visiting Penelopedia. What a great name for your blog, by the way!

Unknown said...

Thank you! And Sue, thanks for introducing yourself. It's great to learn who is reading the blog. I visited your blog and am now following you on Twitter.

Christopher Tassava said...

Congratulations, Penny! It's a well-deserved 25,000 - and a richly rewarded one. I loved your last line: "Because that's essentially what this blog is all about: the excitement to be found in noticing the world around us." This is as good a summary of blogging - no matter the form - as I've ever read.

Patrick said...

Excellent! I hope you're writing long enough for another zero to be added to the already impressive 25,000! Keep writing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated! Since writing this post, I have figured out how to change my Sitemeter icon to reflect actual visits to the site, not including my own, and so I have deleted the hit counter. The visit number is lower than the hit counter reflected, so in a few months I should get to celebrate my 25,000th all over again. I hope you'll stay with me.