Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Closer to an Eagle Than I Thought I'd Ever Be


Last weekend we were on Shawano Lake in east-central Wisconsin, "reuning" with my best friends from my law school days (in a former life I was an attorney for a few years). One of our hosts took us out in their pontoon boat and, knowing of our interest in birdwatching, made a detour along a rare stretch of undeveloped land on that very built-up lake, where they had sometimes seen eagles. This one was resting and scanning the lake, and seemed undisturbed when we cut the motor and drifted silently closer for a better look.

3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Gorgeous photo Penny! I still get goosebumps to be so close to such an amazing, powerful creature.

Richard said...

Penny...That's is one of those rare "WOW" pictures. Beautiful!!

Mary S. said...

Amazing shot! What a great experience.