Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Larger photos -- what do you think?

Update, December 6: I have decided to revert to a smaller size photo and have adjusted all the previous big ones back to a more moderate size.. One reason was that I was reminded that some people subscribe via e-mail, and the big photos seemed really too much. Also, I liked the balance of the page better with the smaller photos. When I've got one that looks really great big, I'll beg people to click on it to see it larger, but I don't need to make them all big.
------------------------------------------

I adjusted my blog template to provide room to show the photos at a larger size. That means a lot more scrolling, but more impact for each photo. I'd like to know whether or not you find this format more appealing. Here's a photo from last winter to serve as an example. If you click back through earlier posts, you'll see I've enlarged the photos in the two or three most recent posts, but the earlier posts will show the size the photos were displayed at before I expanded the template width. Thanks for letting me know what you think!

6 comments:

Dan Huber said...

i like the larger format, i haven't figured out how to do that without disturbing the rest on my site , but looking again

Unknown said...

In Blogger's relatively new "template designer" feature (available under the Design tab), go to Layout and select Adjust Width. You can widen the whole site (how well this works may depend on the template you're currently using) and adjust the proportion of the whole width devoted to any sidebars. I hope that helps!

Richard said...

WTG Penny. Love the larger pictures. Check my blog tomorrow for a rare bird sighting. You may even want to come and visit...lol.

Sue said...

The large photos take longer to load, but I do like them. I would say if you have a fabulous photo, make it large. If your photo is meant just to accompany your writing, make it smaller and float to the side. This is just one opinion. Do what your gut says!

Dan Tallman said...

I like the larger photos, but larger photos need to be more sharply focused than smaller ones.

Unknown said...

Good points -- thanks for the input!