Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Harvest" Sculpture During Snowfall

This was Ray Jacobson's "Harvest" sculpture at the riverfront pedestrian plaza, more formally known as the Sesquicentennial Legacy Plaza, this evening as snow fell and my camera's flash turned the snowflakes into orbs of light. The dark river behind the sculpture adds to a feeling that the night sky descends to an unusually low horizon, as if we are standing atop a steep hill. I love the contrast of black, white, and glowing bronze and lights.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jim H. said...

A beautifully eerie photo.

William Ostrem said...

Great photo, Penny!

Unknown said...

I took a couple without flash, and they were all right, but when I saw how the flash worked with the snow, I knew I had an interesting effect!

Rob Hardy said...

Lovely photograph!